Considering the terror and panic that Coronavirus has brought with it, we can safely affirm that its repercussions can soon make way for an apocalypse. This will happen if is not controlled while there’s still time.
According to reports, there have been more than 228,881 confirmed cases reported globally and the sad part is, the configuration is only escalating by the day.
While 9,377 people have already died, the silver lining is that over 86,254 people have successfully recovered from the illness, thereby, indicating that if one sincerely abides by all the precautions laid down by medical science, there is a way out of it.
What is the coronavirus?
The disease caused by the infection of Coronavirus was named COVID-19 by the World Health Organization (WHO) and carries the "19" as a demarcation of the year of the outbreak.
Even though the disease primarily started spreading from Wuhan, China, it is being said that the rate of new cases in the country has slowed down while the statistics are going higher in other nations such as Italy, Korea, Japan, and Iran.
As per the current reports, Europe is the new hot spot of coronavirus after China as the latter has successfully defied the majority of its existing cases and isn't testifying as many new instances as it did earlier.
Symptoms of the disease
The tricky part is, the symptoms of COVID-19 mostly do not surface themselves as explicitly as other diseases of such serious magnanimity.
The signs of the coronavirus disease are characterized by mild symptoms such as cough, cold, sore throat, runny nose, or fever. However, in some people, they might be a little severe and even open doors to breathing abnormalities or even pneumonia.
In harmony with the predictions made by physicians, older people and the ones suffering from acute medical conditions such as diabetes, cancer, heart diseases or asthma are more susceptible to the virus as their immune systems are not as strong as the others.
Prevention from the deadly virus
As of now, there are no vaccines available to shield you from the consequences of the coronavirus, but, there are a few things that you can do on your part to ensure safety apart from being self-quarantined for the next few weeks.
- Always wash your hands with an alcohol-based sanitizer or soap and water before touching or eating food. Even if you are not eating, cleaning your hands frequently throughout the day is a wise recourse.
- Try avoiding crowded areas but, if you inevitably have to, make certain that your mouth and nose are covered with a mask.
- Cover your mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing with a tissue and encourage your fellow human beings to foster the practice.
- If you come across anyone who is experiencing the symptoms of flu or cold, maintain a distance of at least 3 feet while talking to him/her.
Treatment of COVID19
Unfortunately, there are no specific medications that can prevent or treat COVID-19. Nonetheless, you can overcome the symptoms of coronavirus disease essentially through two ways, namely:
- Medical treatments.
How to carry out Self-care
- Eat warm food and beverages
- Rest more than you usually do
- Drink plenty of liquids as they tend to flush out the harmful germs and toxins from the body
- You can take steam baths or use a room humidifier to relieve the aftereffects such as cough, cold and sore throat.
- Visit a medical consultant for regular checkups and do not step out in the public domain until you have fully recovered.
How to carry out medical treatments
If the symptoms of the coronavirus disease are no longer constricted, sign up for medical attention without any further delay.
If you find it difficult to recover or show any signs of improvement within the first fourteen days, consult a doctor and do as directed.
Furthermore, if you are traveling to China or come in contact with someone who has recently returned from the country, inform your doctor about the same and seek appropriate medical care without postponing it until the last minute.